Geneforge 2 Update/Patch?

I have version 1.0.1 and I see the latest version is 1.0.2

Where or what do I need to do in order to get the new version? I paid for my copy of Geneforge 2 and don't really want to buy the same game again just to get a patch. I looked on the main pages and all that is avaliable is to download the demos in 1.0.2.

I tried to E-Mail Spiderweb and the E-mail reply I got from Spiderweb just directed me to the download demo page.

Will downloading the demo update my game to 1.0.2?

I am really confused

Originally Posted By: SpaceCadetHX
Will downloading the demo update my game to 1.0.2?
I am really confused

Yes, but to make absolutely sure you don't mess up your registration, you should move the preferences file to a safe place before you download the new version and then move it back when you're done. (It's in the Data folder and named GF2Prefs; you can't miss it.)

Version 1.0.2 only fixes one bug for XP users, though, so you might not even need to bother with it.

Dikiyoba.

You can get the latest version of G2 without worrying about having to buy a new copy; just download and install the new version over the old one. However, you'll want to make a copy of the preferences file (which you should do anyway, so you have a backup), in the unlikely event it gets deleted during the install.