DRM conversion help

keira

Okay, so the powers that be decided to make my life suck. AKA my mom insists that she will die if she can't have the movie Up on her Droid. Anyway, here's my dilemma. The copy I have is an Apple FairPlay protected m4v that came with the dvd. Unfortunately, it wont play on the droid. Getting a DRM-free copy from 'unspecified sources' would be a normal solution, however i cannot in this case as my internet has been worse than usual recently. Any suggestions that would be free? I have MediaCoder for windows and Transmageddon for Linux (although id rather not deal with the 866Mhz processor on the linux box unless i absolutely have to). Thanks in advance.

Pardon all the typos and such. This thing is worse to type on than the damn 'pod.

Originally Posted By: Sylae Corell
Okay, so the powers that be decided to make my life suck. AKA my mom insists that she will die if she can't have the movie Up on her Droid. Anyway, here's my dilemma. The copy I have is an Apple FairPlay protected m4v that came with the dvd. Unfortunately, it wont play on the droid. Getting a DRM-free copy from 'unspecified sources' would be a normal solution, however i cannot in this case as my internet has been worse than usual recently. Any suggestions that would be free? I have MediaCoder for windows and Transmageddon for Linux (although id rather not deal with the 866Mhz processor on the linux box unless i absolutely have to). Thanks in advance.

You can't buy movies on the Droid? But... but.. the Droid Does! Or whatever their marketing slogan is.

Three suggestions in order of expense:
1. Go without it on your device. If you have a copy on your computer, you can watch it at home. Problem solved.
2. Buy it on the Droid itself. I can't imagine it wouldn't have some kind of media/movie store, and Up was a very popular film, so it should have it.
3. Buy an iPhone or an iTouch. It's really the one two Apple products that's worth the exorbitant prices.

Oh, and this gives me a chance to link the weird Chinese animation I found on ScienceBlogs here

This is skirting iffy legal ground, and I don't think it's appropriate for the boards. Good luck with your query elsewhere, though; if your Google-fu should fail you, I'm sure there are other forums that can help.

—Alorael, who while he's in mod mode should point out that the cocaine in your avatar should probably go as well. Sorry, but that's the cost of a family-friendly establishment.