A6 - A Discussion on Anatomy

Hanto

I did some experiments the other day involving my FA and A levels in which I jumped my FA by two levels and also pushed A up by buying 3 levels at the trainer. In neither case did I see an increase in Health or SE ( Spell Energy ) received after the same exact combats. All my characters already have a FA of 6 w/o the use of artifacts and I am still in the Eastern Gallery, i.e. haven't traveled to Slith held property yet. Now I have always in the past viewed FA with a favorable disposition has it have been extremely useful in allowing me to continue my travels without having to run into town every 5 seconds so I'm wondering, is there a cap on FA and/or A depending on training levels or areas of the game in which a person might find himself?

I'm having much more fun with this particular game did I ever did with previous game. All Nephil, all DW, Priest/Mage with exactly same skills and spells outside of Priest having TU of 12 and a slightly lower spellcraft which I will endeavor to fix later. So far I have accomplished many missions that I had to put off until much later in the previous game.

At the moment I'm seeing Anatomy as pretty much useless then and would probably see better return for the credit by investing those SP into Priest skills for the warriors. During last game I saved my Mage/Priest several times with several times with Minor Heals from warriors and I'm seriously considering jumping the investment to at least ' Repel Spirit ' for the warriors as several times I have wished their added magical blows to a ghost,revenant, or lich.

Anatomy is supposed to increase the damage you do to humanoids as well as help your party recover after a fight. But I think the SP are probably better spent on other skills. I found Anatomy only useful for unlocking Lethal Blow which, by the time you can do it, is almost pointless. For both LB and Riposte you have to invest so much to unlock and then build them up that you're really neglecting other important skills. Do you really want to buy five levels of blademaster and a couple of anatomy for your Mage or Priest when you're doing everything you can to keep him alive, get him up to 10 AP, and get his spell skill up to 17?

What I'm saying here doesn't really apply to parties smaller than four. In those cases you have more SP to spread around and it may be easier.

And I don't mean to disparage LB, either. It's pretty awesome when it kicks in and your lightning bolt takes 250+ points of damage out of a guy. It's just very expensive to get more than the three levels you can get from a trainer.

So, yeah, for my money, Anatomy isn't worth it. YMMV.