G-2 Physical Combat-too many misses!

My stats are...lev28-str7-dex5-int5-end7-mel5-mis3

If you need more give me a holler. My problem seems to occur mostly with multiple opponents, when I get swarmed and going head to head with something or somebody.... I keep missing the target and my AP's don't get replenished on a regular basis! The amount can fluctuate from a high of eight to a low of one. Sometimes I'm lucky to score one hit out of five! Makes for a pain in the butt slow game! Look forward to your ideas.....

What enemies exactly are you fighting? If you have 1 AP, you probably got hit by a glaahk. You should normally have 8, and you can get more with AP boosting armor (such as quicksilver, or emerald chestguard) or speed pods and such. Rotgroths have parry, so they are a bit harder to hit. If you get your melee skill up, you should be able to hit a lot. Or you can get very high parry and kill them while they attack.

Also, encumbrance. What's your encumbrance limit and how much weight are you carrying?

Also, back in G1-3, everything could cause stunning with enough hits. Glaahks were just extra bad.

Also, in any game, AVOID BEING SWARMED. Use terrain to your advantage, or use disabling magic, or just take out enemies one by one as quickly as possible.

I assume you are a Guardian. Why no creations to help you out?

Thanks for your responses- I am very much aware of being overloaded and avoid it so we can scratch that one. One cannot always AVOID BEING SWARMED but I try. It was a bad choice of words. Thanks for the tip about G1-3. I've played all the Geneforge, all the Avernum and the one Nethergate, and now on my second time around while they finish up the latest fro Spiderweb, and just hadn't noticed this level of "stunning" in the past.

Mod, thanks for your tip on speed pods. I've got the speed spell in my current package, didn't realize it would augment my AP that much! Definately a boost, too bad it has such a short life......My problem is with any number of opponents from two on up and not just glaaks

This may be a bit late, but...

Strength and heavier armors help to protect you from being stunned. It looks like you have plenty of strength for your level, so take a look at your armor. Heavy armors have a decent stun resistance, but they can also give you a penalty to your to hit chance. IIRC, chain mail reduces your hit chance by 15%, breastplate by 20% (not sure about that one), and so on. If you need to hit more often, you might want to go with lighter body armor.

Also, if you're playing a guardian, you should shape some creations to distract extra enemies while you take them out one by one. If you're playing an agent, invest in mental magic and try to get the strong daze spell as soon as possible.