class setups - "Shaper Build" - things I've seen[G5]

Going thru the first area with all 9 "classes" and thru the pass camp (lv 15/16) -- I have generally seen a few things that really come in handy

1) mechanics 10 (to loot someones chest)

2) Int 10 (adds noted from pools, items, ect)

3) 2's in magic & shaping skills

4) 5 leadership, 2 luck

5) Having HIGH mechanics ASAP & hoarding Tools. (I usually started with 5 leadership, 5 mechanics, and boosted mechanics to 7 by lv 4 or 5)

6) 4's in Str, Dex, End (str/dex are needed boosts usually)

7) Unlocking Plated Arty's (These beasties are great, but I STILL love my scorpions)

8) Making runed amethysts and adding that acid damage on my weapon. (the xtra dam REALLY comes in handy)

some of the time -- I didn't touch magic skills or shaping skills (due to class). And I rarely even had a chance to touch combat skills.

--

So all of the classes seem to be able to get a "Shaper build" -- essentially weak in combat, magic, but having loads of essense and energy that when the magic skills ARE boosted, high essense cost is not an issue.

So it is obvious that some classes will be VERY costly to build up Shaper skills (Warrior/Servile) and Int (all of them), the benefits of having the large pool of essense is just undeniable.

With the Guardian, the Warrior and Servile just had better essense long term as the guardian has great essense to start, but the small essense growth leads me to shy away from it.

---

So why all 9 "classes" as a "Shaper" .. lol, cause Shaping is just THAT powerful. And every class can benefit from having awesome critters to help pound an enemy. I have yet to dive into the next part and see how a "Shaper build" for all the classes will work -- but it seems very doable and seemingly powerful in the 1st area (Demo section).

-- Which classes were my favs? Hard to say really, as the Shock Trooper is awesome, the Shaper/Lifecrafter is great with this build. The Infiltrator/Agent is awesome as well. SO I don't really have a fav, I guess I'll have to play more and see.

I has already been noted that shaper is one of the strongest classes in this game. But, this game is based on the fact that shaping is a very powerful thing. Like you said, every class can benefit from shaping. Agents for example, were never very good at shaping, but players often shape meatshields while the agent does all the pummeling.

Having high mechanics ASAP? You can always go back and open locked boxes and stuff later, although it does help with encounters that you can't go back to, the battle against the presence fyora for example. Its your choice if you want to spend on mechanics, or do the fighting directly.

I've heard runed amethysts on the Viper's Touch (was that the name of that poisoned sword?) is very nice, due to it causing poison and acid damage every round, although I still think I haven't tried that yet. Just be careful. If you need acid from artillas and your sword to do damage, fights against acid resistant enemies will be though for you.

My favorite class for this game is probably shaper, so I can have my creations pummel the enemy and take hits for me, while I heal and support with magic.

Yeah, But I have also found something neat.

Gemstone + Roamer Tooth = Ivory Skull

I don't know why I am getting THAT --- but I have done it several times and it works good to give curse.

So -- so weapons on say fighter types (Warriors, Serviles, Guardians, Agents, Infils); I can use a Runed Ruby for fire damage, or the Ivory Skull for Curse depending on if I don't want to do Acid damage (from the Runed Amethyst).

- So I usually have 2 "magical" weapons, 1 is my primary, the other for the resistance issues you mentioned above.

---

As far as having a meat shield -- I also love my Scorpions -- so I can create a pumped up scorp, and maybe a cryo backup for other damage instead of depending on a Plated Arty