A6 - Stealing (minor spoilers)

In earlier games, one could get away with stealing as long as no one witnessed it. But now the formula seems more complicated.

How do I know how much is too much?

If no one witnesses it, does it count against me w.r.t. the "too much" in the above question?

I generally don't like to steal, but I just started a new torment game and I couldn't pass up Ghall-Ihrno's waveblade and piercing crystals. I've rationalized it as being for the greater good. Later, when I murder everyone in Tenevra, I'll need a new rationalization.

I even robbed King's treasure but no1 said anything (must be deaf guardians cause they can't hear fighting sounds thru wooden doors).

Only bit difficult was Fort Duvno due that moving soldier.

Dharmon had nice loot at 1 of those guard-towers but killing guardian sends party to jail.

And killing Vahnatais at Tenevra is King's order (sorta) and you are supposed to be good soldier and do what King says.

Originally Posted By: Earth Empires
And killing Vahnatais at Tenevra is King's order (sorta) and you are supposed to be good soldier and do what King says.

Ah, yes, thanks for the rationalization. I knew it was out there.

Sure, you can satisfy the dragon with missions that are much less morally doubtful, and the Vahnatais are constantly described as peaceful and thoughtful but, yes, the king did tell me to do what the dragon asked...

Okay, so last time I played through, I killed everyone in Spire. But this time I was hoping to be a better person.

I think you mean Bargha not Spire.

No, sadly, I mean Spire (though I also killed everyone in Bargha, or at least the ones that wanted to fight after I killed their jerk of a mayor). I did Gladwell's missions, and rather than use stealth (I couldn't figure out what to do until later when I read the hint book), I just killed my way in and out. The mayor, her guards, simple townsfolk. All dead.

Apparently you can kill everyone in the Abyss and not suffer any significant consequences. Except a guilty conscience.

Spire would been easy, just hide scarab Gladwell gave to Mayor's bed and then get the hell out of there.

Yeah, but I went in through the front door and that apparently made everyone mad at me. So I killed them all. Sometimes I can't control my temper. I had to drink heavily after that one.