Exile III glitch - spell not working no matter what!

Joseph Kerstein

Hello everybody.

First I'd like to say that I am actually an older member who posted a few times in the past about a computer crashing issue associated with Exile III. Much time has past, and I've completely forgotten what my username was or even what email address -- if said email is even still working -- I used; so I decided to make a new account to both figure out this new, much less game destroying glitch as well as reintegrate myself into this highly intriguing community.

A couple of days ago I decided to install the game and was going to do two playthroughs. One would be serious with a full team aiming to complete the entire game for the first time ever, while the other would be a 'cheat play' where I'm just going around causing havoc and stuff for the fun of it.

Now for the actual glitch!

Simply put, "bless party" is refusing to do squat. I've uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, installed it on a completely separate and different computer and everything. I use the editor to set it up so I can test it on the second computer and once again when I cast the spell, it refuses to do anything. What gives? Is my disc damaged partially? Is this a commonly known bug that occurs for whatever reason? It's not game breaking I know, but I'd want to be able to use the spell if the need ever arises. Before anyone asks, neither computer is using Linux or Vista; my computer uses XP pro and I have Windows Service pack 3.

Thanks to anyone and everyone who helps in advance. =)

I don't believe I'll be able to test that right away. The demo won't allow me to use the editor to make my character have the spell since it's like a level five spell and needs to be acquired, unless I can somehow register the demo for free since I do have the full copy, or somehow use the registered bought copy's editor to change the demo...

I'm pretty sure it's an issue with my disc now that I think about it, I just wish there was an easy and free way of fixing it.

Just noticed that it also lacks the special font. Everything looks bland and kinda bold, like when speaking with someone or entering a character's name. Definitely is the disc. -_- So the only possible way to fix this is to buy a new one?

Edit: Sorry for the double post, but the browser was having some sort of error and I couldn't edit the last post of mine for some reason.

Second edit: I FIXED IT! Haha! I copied the entire 'install' exe file from the disc itself into my documents, THEN ran the installation and boom! Font is fixed, and the spell is working as it should! Yay! *is a happy Exile III player once more*