I achieved the dreaded loss of items found imposible - A6 windows

ExiledCarebear

hello.

i was near endgame on avernum6 windows

i carefully left all my itmes near in portal keep

but when coming back i discovered everything s lost, nothing on the floor. i precise, i dispatched everything on several tiles so to avoid the tile cap of 200 items or so i heard about, and as i sold some some time ago, there was much less items that there used to be in full safety.

everything was smooth until now, nothing special except a strange thing the other day:

runtime error, in iirc visual basic or something like that. but as it just ended my game abruptly i did not have the opportunity to save after so i thought it shouldnt lead to data corruption.

i precise i had in the past some hanging, full proc use after a while and game becoming slower until totally stopping, but that didnt lead either to data corruption, just a good old app killing.(it seem to happen when playing too long on too many different location, but that s not constant)

i must precise i was in the process of killing anyone that didnt lead to instant endgame. but killing people in fissure s post does not seem to have to do with it...

Strange. It's possible that the runtime error corrupted data, though I highly doubt that mere hanging could cause corruption. Some more detailed information about your computer would be useful: OS, processor speed, RAM, etc. You also might try emailing Mr. Vogel. Welcome to Spiderweb, by the way!

its windows XP, i m on athlon 64 and with 2 G of ram i never ran out, even if if sometimes A6 does a little memory leak, it is not enough to make the comp down on its knees (never heavy use of pagefile). the hanging is caused by heavy proc usage unlinked to anything, and does not resist a good old alt-tab. (but comes back if i alt tab back, of course.)

alright, problem has solved without cries and tears as i was able to kill everything in the end(but very shortly, as i sold all skribbane before realising how powerful it was. i finished by finding the two little doses i needed to kill melanchion by razing whole cities)