A6 - Technical questions

BadYeti

These may be dumb questions, but I'm trying the Avernum 6 demo on one of the new MacBooks and have run into some inconveniences. I was hoping someone might have advice to help me rectify them.

1. Is there any way to move diagonally using a Macbook keyboard? Their keyboards do offer cardinal cursor keys, but no full keypads. I can't find a laptop-friendly key equivalent to the 7, 9, 1 and 3 keys for diagonal movement. Being able to move diagonally seems helpful for saving on movement points and manuevering in tight combat conditions.

2. I'd like to play the demo in full-screen mode. But when I do so, I no longer can multitask. Normally, what I'd want to do is have a work-related spreedsheet or some web pages up, and then ALT-TAB (in Windows terms) to the game when I'm free to kill a few moments by swiping with four fingers (horizontally to bring up the Mac application switch list or vertically to bring up the Expose selection window). So far, I've been unable to find any way to swich applications or multitask while Avernum 6 is running.

Thanks for any suggestions!

The standard Mac application switch is Command-Tab. It doesn't work with A6?

—Alorael, who is fairly sure he's used the key combination to switch out of A6. The catch is that he's running the game in Windowed mode, so it may be playing a bit nicer with the rest of the system.

Originally Posted By: Verbose PDN is verboten.
The standard Mac application switch is Command-Tab. It doesn't work with A6?

—Alorael, who is fairly sure he's used the key combination to switch out of A6. The catch is that he's running the game in Windowed mode, so it may be playing a bit nicer with the rest of the system.

No, it doesn't. At least not in full-screen mode. I haven't tried it in windowed mode, as I have a lot of trouble with cursor confusion when I've tried to play it in a window.