Genforge 1 - Party Roster not updating?

Cordwainer

Hi-

This is my first post here. I've been playing around with the Geneforge 1 demo and liked it so much that I just ordered the 5 game collection. smile

Only one problem so far. I've noticed in my party roster that neither my nor my creation's red health and green spell energy bars move to reflect changes when damaged or casting spells. But my blue essence bar will move when I make creations or cast certain spells. In combat, the health bars above my party's heads in the Terrain Screen will decrease, though, as they are damaged. Out of combat, I have to click on the creation to see its stats or open my stats window to see current health/spell energy levels.

I'm assuming the health/spell bars in the Party Roster should move, so has anyone ever heard of this happening or have a suggestion on how to fix it? I'm using Windows XP SP3 and video/audio drivers are current.

Looking forward to playing through the Geneforge Saga!

Well, no luck so far. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and alt-tabbing in and out while playing, but no change. Health and spell energy bars still not moving in the party roster, but the essence bar is working fine. I'll try emailing Jeff and see if he has any ideas.

Thank you for your suggestions!