Install VS Files

Lauren CW

I'm having some trouble with Geneforge 5. Namely, installing it. On Windows XP, on a non-administrative account it tells me when I run the setup that since it couldn't make changes on all profiles, it won't install it, and dumps out. In the past I've either had no trouble installing the games, or transferring them from one PC to another via a flashdrive. However, I don't have access to any accounts where I COULD install it. Does anyone know where I could get the files for the game itself, not just the setup? All the torrents I've seen only have the setup... >.@ none of which help me in the least.

I think this has to do with installing the saved game folders. I'm not sure if you can get around that easily. I've run into a similar problem with almost any installer on work computers where I don't have admin access.

The best solution is to just borrow admin access. If you can't do that, I imagine that means the computer owner doesn't want you installing games on it in the first place.