Set_out_fight_town_loaded call

Callie

I've looked at how the call was used in Valley of Dying Things, and it doesn't seem to be used differently than the way I'm trying to use it. Whenever I enter the encounter, the town used for the fight is one of the cave towns in the Blades of Avernum Out Fight file. The town I intend it to use is an import from the Out Fight file, but edited so that it has a lot of bushes and more terrain frills, in addition to a few cliffs away from the center. Here's the script:

Code:
beginstate 12;	if (get_flag(200,2) != 0)		end();	set_out_fight_town_loaded(7);	message_dialog("The nearby bushes, once quiet, now stir violently.  Within moments a troop of bandits reveals itself from the foliage.  They seem to recognize their prey, and they're not surrendering their ground anytime soon.","");	create_out_spec_enc(1);break;

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Your problem is, I think, the line in the documentation which says:

Quote:
This call only has an effect when it is

called as a result of the party encountering a group of creatures outdoors.

If you want to use this call, I think you need to set the encounter to call an outdoor script state when met, and put the call in that state.