Reference to Pulp Fiction in Geneforge 1

Open z61qrtrsdlg.txt for Geneforge 1, and you'll find the following:

Quote:

This is Trajkov's journal. It is surprisingly short. You open it and begin to read. His large vocabulary, twisted syntax, and bad handwriting make it slow going, but you find one section of great interest.";

text3 = "Goettsch had fled, and he took the gauntlets with him. Plans to lure another Shaper here have begun, but they will take time. I am furious. Now I not only need guidance and assistance, but I need to regain the gloves.";

text4 = "The other gloves, the ones I still have, are too damaged. I think. Goettsch said they could not be repaired, but he may be wrong. He was clear on one point, though. Only with the gloves may the power of the Geneforge be drawn.";

text5 = "I will succeed. I will gain the power. And Goettsch will be the first to pay. If I do not kill him, one of my agents will.";

text6 = "If he goes to Vietnam, I want a Sholai in a bowl of rice ready to bust a cap in his ass.";

code =

if (get_sdf(100,8) < 4) {

clear_strings();

add_string(1);

}

else {

remove_string(1);

remove_string(6);

Hehehe.

The original Avernum Trilogy had a lot of Easter Eggs like that (including the famous Almarian sex drones). They only appear in the scripts; nothing ever triggers them in-game.

There was a thread with all the known references, including this one, but Dikiyoba doesn't know what happened to it. It's probably been lost to time (or at least the Archives).

• 4 weeks later...