G5 & Folding @ Home Problems

Violet

After a quick search, I was able to find nothing on the topic, so please excuse me if this has been posted before.

I can not seem to tab in or out of G5 or Quit the game while Folding @ Home [GPU Client] is running in the background. Starting the game, Alt-Tabbing and Quitting shifts it into a black screen, and my computer freezes, and does not respond in any way (My global hotkeys in Winamp don't work, and my G15's LCD screen stops updating). Tabbing will leave a screen like this for around 2-4 minutes, before clearing up and finishing the tab. When I press Quit, after 2-4 minutes, the black screen with disappear, only to be confronted by the BSOD and will automatically restart a moment later.

I've tried running with nothing but startup programs up (practically no apps, just drivers for G5, G15, sound card etc.) but I would meet the same fate. Running in Direct X or Fast Graphics version makes no difference. Running in Windowed Mode, while stops the BSOD and prevents the need for alt tabbing - it doesn't stop the Quit game slowdown, nor do I want to be forced to play the game in Windowed mode and lose the immersiveness of it. I would like to support protein folding while playing what I imagine is a graphically non-intensive game, so thanks in advance.

Specs -

OS - Windows XP x32

CPU - Q6600 @ 3.3 Ghz

GPU - Evga GTX 280 @ 703 / 1231

Mem - 2x1 GB OCZ Platnium DDR2-800 (Overclocked a bit, can't remember specs)

HDD - 2x Seagate 11 500 GB [No RAID]

Motherboard - DFI P35 Dark T2RS

All overclocks were stress tested to be long-term stable, and are well within proper operating temperature and voltages.

Game Settings:

Resolution - 1680x1050 [Native Resolution is also 1680x1050]

All Graphics Settings Max (Draw all, bit depth etc.)

I'll gladly supply any other information that I can - thanks in advance.