Geneforge 5: Overthrow For Windows Unable To Save?

Spidweb

Geneforge 5: Overthrow Not Being Able To Save

Geneforge 5: Overthrow stores all saved games in the My Documents folder. Should it be unable to access this folder, it should be trying to save games inside the Geneforge 5 program folder. Unfortunately, this second step was buggy in v1.0 and v1.0.1.

To try to fix the problem, download the beta version of the v1.0.2 installer ...

http://www.ironycentral.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=157647#Post157647

Assuming the game is able to read and write from the Geneforge 5 program folder (which, depending on Vista and security settings, might be a problem), you should be able to save the game even if you lack a My Documents folder.

If the game is still having trouble saving, make sure your local machine has a My Documents folders and that you are able to access it. Then go into My Documents, enter the folder "Spiderweb Software", and drag the folder "Geneforge 5 Saved Games" to the Recycle Bin. (If you can't find that folder, this means that your system is not letting Geneforge 5 access the My Documents folder.)

If these steps don't help, uninstall the game, redownload the demo, and reinstall. If this still doesn't help, go back to your My Documents folder. Something is preventing Geneforge 5 from writing your saved games there.

- Jeff Vogel