Torment Is Fun[G5]

First, let me start by saying that I'm usually not a big fan of the difficulty settings in Spiderweb games. In most Spiderweb games, Torment usually only makes a difference for pure singletons. A5 was different, but I felt that instead of making the battles genuinely epic, it just made them a bit harder and a LOT longer. It made me use my supplies much more, but I didn't really have to come up with innovative strategies.

GF5, on the other hand, seems to be a different matter. Many strategies that work on Normal are ineffective on Torment and some battles genuinely made me think. Example : I've just beaten Ghaldring in Gazaki-Uss (not Inner Gazaki-Uss) and it was much harder than on Normal. Making a horde of Cryodrayks to kill Ghaldring as quickly as possible simply didn't work this time, I had to use more complicated tactics. Same goes for the Disposal Vault. Boss battles are definitely more challenging and enjoyable.

Jeff keeps getting better at designing boss battles and making his games more balanced, it seems.