Shaper Citadel Bug?

Xanathar Bane

Okay, so every time I enter the Citadel, and there's the cutscene thing where it autowalks you to the table with all the council members there, it gives me one thing of dialogue that has Counsellour Shema telling me that I could provide some illumination or something, and to approach. The very next second, however, all dialogue stops, my character turns around and all of a sudden the game gets like, lag to the extreme, and my character moves like, an inch at a time. It takes my character about 5 minutes just to make it outside the meeting room of the council members, and then i get a quest box that pops up giving me the quest the council apparently just gave me. However, the game remains extremely choppy, and jam packed with lag. Clicking the ground in front of me doesn't move me, clicking save doesnt do anything, the cursor's movement's all choppy, and i have to switch to the desktop and shut down Geneforge with the Task Manager.

I'm wondering how to get around this. Any ideas/anyone with the same problem i'm having?

The game's worked absolutely perfectly so far. Just that one area's all glitched up for me for some reason,and I basically can't go there because the game will glitch up and i have to crash it.

I just loaded to a game before that. There really is no way around it (as far as I know) because it wasn't supposed to happen. You are really supposed to go to the citidal around endgame for both Shapers and Drakons, and since the game doesn't think you are a rebel, it tries to give you the quest you would get if you are pro shaper. I think the reason it is all buggy is that since the clip you are supposed to see differs among factions, it is trying to give the right clip, but since you are probably not at the endquest of a faction, it fails and bugs out. Your only real hope (instead of poring through the scripts for hours and trying to change things that might not even be there) is to load a game before you went to the citdal.