I'm Stuck - Possible Glitch?

Cloud Nine

So, I love this game, so far. It ranks in my top 3 spidweb games, but the thing is I'm stuck. I've gotten to the part where you can use portals, but the thing is I can't advance the quest. I killed the shades under the portal, but the "star" marker still stays in the fort, saying I need to use the portal. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I also can't turn in the Rat king quest to the mayor, theres no dialog options for it, even though I took the quest from the job board. [i told that one lady the area was open, and then the one guy, before accepting it on the job board.] Did I glitch it?

I also, so now told .. whats her face ( the one drunk lady thats now near the portals... ) about the abyss or what not. The avernum inside avernum... did I mess something up there as well?

Any help would be much apperciated!

Well, I figured out the one with the portals. I had to talk to the commander ... odd. Anyways, it says to tell the Mayor, but she has no dialog option for it, nor does she "auto" give me the money. ( I delivered her a letter earlier and it worked, I just stepped in the office and it completed it and gave me a 100 coins. )

Originally Posted By: Earth2025
For future don't do jobs in advance.

Well, duh obviously tongue

These things happen to the best of us, you're just a lonely adventurer, wandering around and you see some monsters so you kill them. Well, wouldn't want them to come across unsuspecting innocent civilians would we? And then, you get back to town and realize that some nice Wizard would have payed you mucho dinero for killing those same monsters! Oh well, what can you do? laugh