A4 - Spoiler request: This door has a map on it, which you forget as soon as you look away

Beegz

So far I've found 3 doors that say:

This door is covered with protective glyphs. Some of them are glowing. You doubt that your resources will be adequate to get it open.

Looking closer you see that some of the symbols are not magical. Some of them form a crude map. You recognize the area. It is the ... of ....

... is marked with an X [or a star].

Apparently the protective glyphs have addled my party's brains because when they look at their own maps they can't remember the location of the X/star that they just saw. Are these doors worth futzing with, or were they just put there to annoy us?

Each door is part of a series of tests that must be completed in order. The maps appear to direct you to the previous test if you haven't yet completed it. They're not essential or even important, but I'd say it's probably worth backtracking and doing all of them for some of the rewards and for the fun of it.

—Alorael, who is sure someone can point you to the last test you're missing if you say which area appears on the maps.