A4 Item Script

Whenever I switch the item number of a gold ring and any other item, (graymold in this case, I wanted to finish the damn quest,) all rings turn into floor tiles. When I switched them back, or used a different item, it worked fine.

I looked through the script looking for any possible errors, and after some reading through, concluded that what I did with the gold ring was not in any way different with what I did with the stick. (switching the 'begindefineitem' numbers.)

In those scripts, objects that are defined get the characteristics that are given to them after begindefineitem (such as "it_stats_to_affect_0 = 0" or whatever), but they ALSO inherit the characteristics of another item. If "import = x" is used, they inherit the characteristics of x (overwriting any characteristics that the item has already been given). If no import line is there, they inherit the characteristics of the previous item in the file.

All rings (except for item 171, the platinum ring) import item 170, the gold ring (or another ring which itself imports the gold ring). (You might say the plain gold ring is the master ring...) If item 170 is no longer the gold ring, they no longer important the characteristics that make them rings!

This is why editing the script files is not safe if you aren't extremely careful.

Can somebody please explain this?

Quote:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, ironyce@ironycentral.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/1.3.26 Server at www.ironycentral.com Port 80

No, it's not green grass, I'm getting different types of cave floor.