{spoiler} how to remove Foramon's quest

In Exodus town, a mage named Foramon gives the Stone Circle quest. You're supposed to take the crystal he gives you and approach the stone circle to the west of Exodus, but you are warned not to kill the magic that appears there.

I did this, the golem appeared, my party ran off in one direction and the golem ran off in the opposite direction.

No shots were fired.

Now the magic pylon is gone -- its magic used up -- and because I didn't do battle at all with the golem, the quest seems to be in an infinite dead end. When I talk to Foramon, the quest as such is given again (he provides crystal, warns not to kill the magic there, yada yada). But when I go back to the original stone circle, the magical pylon is missing due to the earlier interaction.

How do I remove this quest from my list of quests? Thanks.

That should probably be fixed with SDFs, and that knowledge will have to come from someone more conversant with them and with access to them right now. It sounds like you left the area that keeps track of the quest after the pylon activated but before the quest timer ran out, so it just never really ended.

—Alorael, who can only suggest that you stand by the pylon and wait for a few dozen rounds. That could potentially fix the problem (script examination pending), but it's not all that plausible.

I'm going to answer here.

There are two possible endings to this quest--destroying the golem or running it out of energy. Only the latter nets you a reward. You decide whether running away from the golem counts as destroying it or running it down.

Either way, the first step is to bring up the cheat window with shift+D. The code for destroying the golem is sdf 22 5 1. The code for running the golem down is sdf 22 4 1. Type it in exactly as it's written, otherwise it won't work. Then talk to Foramon.

Dikiyoba's usual warning that this cheat is untested, not guaranteed to work, and might mess up your game applies. Be sure to back up your save before trying it.

This one is no big deal. Haste party, buff first guy (the bait) just before golem stone. Run bait west, others south. Now run the bait around the stones, well away from others. With haste he's far enough away to avoid the AoE attacks. A few rounds and out of power. Dull but easy.

- Nightowl2