E1 Miscellaneous Questions

D2Sabrewulf

Recently i was replaying the ever classic E1, and have come away with a few nagging questions that perhaps someone can clear up for me.

In the editor, under "Add Special Items" there are two sets of plans, Slith Plans and Royal Plans. Now I know that the Slith plans are for the commander of Fort Dranlon, but am at a loss, in terms of the location and application of the "Royal Plans".

Also, can anyone definitively clear up the number of crystals present in the game. My personal count is 7, 1 on an island south-west of Cotra, 1 on another island south-west of that, through a secret tunnel, another in the "Slith Fort" where the aforementioned "Slith Plans" are located, another in the possession of one "Elderly Talking Drake" who forfeits his prize in exchange for a decent meal i,e half your food, 1 in a secret shrine north-east of Fort Dranlon, another in possession of a slave in the Slith slave camps west of Fort Dranlon, south of "Slith City?" and finally 1 in the north-west corner of the "Aranea Cave" north-west of Fort Dranlon.

However, my brother mentioned something about a crystal in the "Pit Drake Lair" so I'm wondering how many of the things are really out there. Any informed clarification would be appreciated.

Finally, the Wishing well south of the castle, just a simple red herring or is it a very low chance event, requiring a lengthy depositing of minor funds into its seemingly endless depth, to net a result?

Thanks for putting up with me, and any answers are appreciated wink

1) The Royal Plans are the plans you steal back from the gremlins for the lone soldier in the Great Cave. You get a pair of gauntlets in return.

2) If you mean the crystals used to repair the Crystal Cave, I'm pretty sure there's only six of them. There are other types of crystals, though, but they're unrelated. There's no crystal in the Pit Drake Lair.

3) The Wishing Well does nothing.

Ok

1) I thought you gave the "Lone soldier", the "Stolen Message" which is also in the editor along with the "Royal Plans"

2) I'll take your word for there being no Crystal in the "Pit Drake Lair", my brother must have meant something else, but i can assure you there are 7 crystals, because I have got them all before

3)Curse Jeff for that infernal Red Herring, I spent ages throwing coins in when i first played E1 crazylaugh

BTW: Are you certain that it does nothing, or just don't really know and didn't have the time or inclination to spend hour's throwing coins into it confused

1) Could it be either the Royal Token or Royal Seal, with a typo? Probably the latter I suspect.

3) I looked at the text dump of E1, and as far as I can tell there is no text describing anything that happens when you throw coins in the well, except for nothing happening.

Edit: There are a lot of other places you can throw coins in and have thing happen in other games in the series, including a wishing pool in E2. You may be thinking of one of those, Random.

Guest Anonymous

1) Ah yes, the mystery is solved, "Royal Plans" is just a typo for "Royal Seal", I just tested it on a fresh party. Thanks to Slarty for clearing that up. I guess it never occurred to me, that the great Jeff Vogel, Game-Maker Divine, could ever make a mistake whistle *Wipes sarcasm off chin* laugh.... no really grin

3) I see... does it do refunds? Also, probably in the wrong board, but what of its A1 counterpart, any reaction there to speak of?