"Magic bloks" bloking the way ?

iNyar

Sorry if it has already been responded or if it's a stupid question, but I really don't understand something :

some spaces in Avernum are impossible to access because there's a "magic blok/cube" bloking the way.

For example, I'm now in Tranquility, and in the Sentinel Workshop, I can't access the button to open the secret door to get the Magery spellbook since there's a blok avoiding me to access to the small room where the button is.

More problematic, I can't access the second floor of Shankar's Tower (so I can't realize Shankar's quest), among other things.

So, could someone explain me why those bloks are there : restriction because I missed something before ? bug ? restriction because of my class of player ?

Or is there a way to remove those bloks ?

Thanks a lot in advance

Save before using a piercing crystal, since some of these barriers only will go away using the dispel barrier spell. The best examples are in the southwest corner of Khora-Vysss Slith Temple, behind Solberg in the East Tower, and under Shafrir's Tower to get into the secret area where he stores ingredients.

Quote:
Originally written by iNyar:
More problematic, I can't access the second floor of Shankar's Tower (so I can't realize Shankar's quest), among other things.
If I remember correctly, Shanker actually gives you a Piercing Crystal to get past the barrier. Check your inventory for a small blue-ish crystal.

• 2 weeks later...