2 Questions/Problems

Ok. I just got BoA yesterday and am needing some help. 2 things:

How do I add spells to shops? I know how to add items just not spells or recipes.

And second, what is the call to make it so you can't enter? Eg. in a dialog box.

There is a monster waiting ahead. Continue?

1- Yes 2- Screw it, let's leave.

How do I make it so that if you pick 2, you can't continue in that direction?

As for the Shop thing...

0 - 499 - item

2000 + x - mage spell x (x is from 0 to 19). how_many is the highest level of the spell that can be bought in the store.

3000 + x - priest spell x (x is from 0 to 19). how_many is the highest level of the spell that can be bought in the store.

4000 + x - alchemy recipe x (x is from 0 to 19). how_many should be 1.

5000 + x - skill x. Each purchase gives the character 1 level of the skill. how_many is the maximum number of levels of the skill that can be bought.

EDIT: Deleted something that I figured out.

Spyderbytes, I don't think your solution's the right one. Wouldn't it be better just to link the option no to "can't enter"? That's how it's done in BoE, at least - there's probably an equivalent in BoA.

This has the advantage of letting the player come back and make another choice next time, instead of locking him out for good.

Putting their name on the first question field does not work, as it is suggested in the docs. You need to put these in the town script(not town dialog script)...

set_name(13,"Commander Terrance");

set_char_dialogue_pic(13,1907,0);

The first sets character 13's name and the second will put in a pic. 1907 is the graphic sheet, O is the icon.

I've never done any BOE programming, so I don't understand what you're saying, Imban. Nor do I intend to, so you don't have to explain, as long as most here understand you. smile

IF the dialog is called from a terrain script at the entry to the area, you can skip the SDF part. Just check the dialog choice and either block_entry(0) or block_entry(1) as appropriate. The original post didn't specify the conditions for calling the dialog, though, so I gave an implementation that should work (albeit with possibly more work than necessary) regardless. Prolly shoulda gone into more detail, but I've been rather rushed of late... smile

EDIT: Just realized I didn't address the "coming back later" part. You can still do that with the solution I gave. Just have the dialog clear the flag (set to 0) if "I want in" is selected, or set it (set to 1) if "I wanna high-tail it outta here" is selected. Then the terrain script would just block_entry(get_flag(x,y)), where x and y are the coordinates of the flag you're using.

In the town script, use set_name() to set the name of people (or other creatures). Use it in the INIT_STATE of the town script.

void set_name(short which_char_or_group,char new_name) - Sets the name of the character/group to new_name. Maximum name length is 19 characters.

To find the which_char_or_group, when the person is selected in the editor, look at the creature number in the top left of the text in the bottom left of the screen. For example, "Creature 22: Merchant"