Any one else like solitaire card games?

WolfSpider

I am not sure what has gotten into me lately... old age perhaps... but I have really begun to enjoy solitaire games as of recent.  Klondike (the classic solitaire most people know that I am aware of.), Pyramid, Tri-Peaks, Freecell, Golf, Baker's Dozen and a few others I have tried, but there are literally hundreds more, maybe over a thousand, although a lot are just variations of certain "base" games.  Or the same game, but much bigger because you play with more than one deck.  But so much fun to be had by your self with a simple cheap deck of 52 cards.

Short answer is, "Yes," because a familiar casual game gives me something to do with my hands if I want to listen to music, an audiobook, or a video lecture, and I played enough Freecell, Spider, and Canfield/Klondike in the past that I'm hardly thinking at all when I play them.   (My favorite casual game, Machiavellian Suns, requires a bit more concentration, so I wouldn't try to listen to a lecture while playing it.)

Somewhere I've still got a book of 101 solitaire games, from back when I played them with actual cards...I liked "Congress Solitaire" pretty well while listening to LPs (easier to win than "Parliament Solitaire"...you laid out the aces in advance, which I assume represented having a two-party system in place while you played)...wasted youth, maybe, but I liked it.   

Edited by Alberich

Solitaire games can be useful to pass time on your computer while your waiting for something, though I don't play with a physical deck. Windows 7 had some nice card games, but the ones on  Windows 10 aren't as good. Does anybody make a free version of  Klondike where all the cards are revealed in the beginning so you can plan your moves accordingly?

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:29 AM, Kennedy said:

Solitaire games can be useful to pass time on your computer while your waiting for something, though I don't play with a physical deck. Windows 7 had some nice card games, but the ones on  Windows 10 aren't as good. Does anybody make a free version of  Klondike where all the cards are revealed in the beginning so you can plan your moves accordingly?

All the cards, including the ones in your hand or stock pile, or just on the board/tableau?  As mentioned Freecell has all cards out.  Pyramid and Tri-Peaks have all cards on just the tableau out.  Actually quite a few have theirs out, I am just lost in a sea of names.

Look up on the app store (Play Store) "Solitaire Collection (1400+)" by SKKV Software. That has a LOT of games!  It's free.  And asks for no intrusive permissions.  I prefer playing with cards myself.  Feels more fun to me.  Less cheating also as half the time I have no idea what I am doing when trying out a new game and a simple touch will do everything for you.  It ends up feeling like you are watching someone else play it as everything feels automatic.  Even trying to turn it off in options it still feels too automatically done for me.  Plus I like to shuffle.  ^_^!

Edited by WolfSpider