Windows Editor Missing Terrain

Tarsus

So I was working on a scenario using the 3d editor (build0039) and was looking for some terrain items only to find they weren't in the sidebar. So I tried using the standard old editor but they weren't there either.

To be specific I was looking for the barrels on their side from sheet g720. I can see they are in the proper terrain graphics directory though. Going through those files I noticed there were a number of other terrains missing from the editor.

Can anyone clue me in to what I'm missing here?

Barrels and crates (and webs etc.) aren't technically terrain. In order to place them in the editor you'll have to use one of the grey buttons in the bottom two rows of the editor tool palette.

Sorry I can't be more exact, but I don't have access to the editor right now.

Yes I know about placing barrels and crates. I'm talking about the terrain item that is a dark brown barrel on its side resting on supports. Its usually used as an ale barrel or somesuch. It's on the same graphic sheet(g720) as some headstones. Which are also missing incidentally.

Ohhh. Sorry. As I said, not at a computer. I'm not sure why Jeff didn't include those in the default terrains since he went to the trouble to include the graphics, but he didn't. Basically, all the default terrains, floors, items and creatures are listed in two files which remain the same for all scenarios; anything not in those files doesn't won't appear in the editor without a bit of work.

The upshot is that if you want these to work you'll have to manually define them in a custom data script. If you're unclear how to do that, the Blades documentation has a whole load of information on just what to do.