iPad Avadon bug - crashes when started.

Avadon

I have been playing the latest version of Avadon on my iPad 2 3G 16GB running on iOS 5.1 since Avernum's release. I have completed Nathalie's quest and had started on the second Monitor Shiraz mission.

Then suddenly, Avadon crashes whenever I start it. I have gone into the multitasking bar to kill Avadon manually, rebooted my iPad by pressing the power and home buttons until the Apple icon appears, several times, to no avail.

Each time I start Avadon now, the map screen with Redbeard will appear with the loading bar. It loads about three quarters of the way before crashing to desktop. Is there any way to fix this or is the only solution to delete this app, reinstall and replay the entire game from scratch?

The obvious question is this: have you quit all other applications in the course of rebooting? As for reinstalling, have you should be able to backup the saves manually with an explorer app (I can't recall the namr offhand). F you have to reinstall, this would save you from having to replay.