Blades of Avernum freezes when entering scenarios.

Rubytron

Hey there,

I'm running BoA on Windows Vista and when I try to enter downloaded custom scenarios I get to read the story slides before the scenario, but then it freezes and I never get to start. I have uninstalled and redownloaded etc etc but to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced this or can anyone give me guidance as to which gameplay files are the pre game story slides so I can delete them and (fingers crossed) jump straight into the scenario?

That would be amazing, I'm completely frustrated.

Thank you!

Originally Posted By: Rubytron
Has anyone else experienced this or can anyone give me guidance as to which gameplay files are the pre game story slides so I can delete them and (fingers crossed) jump straight into the scenario?

If you really wanted to try this, you would need to use the scenario editor (found here), since the intro data is part of the .bas scenario file. You would then need to use the 'Set Intro Text 1', 2, and 3 items in the 'Scenario' menu and delete all of the text in all 6 paragraphs (and maybe also set the displayed image to -1). I think that this would eliminate the intro, as well as giving a you a chance to actually read the intro texts. However, this seems likely to indicate a more fundamental problem, which may well prevent you from being able to properly play the scenarios even once past the intro, so hopefully there's a Windows user around who's seen something like this or can recommend a better fix.