Avadon 3 savegames not transferred from demo to full version

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
zeefmans zeefmans

New Arrival

• Member ID: 10,177
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:55 PM #1 Avadon 3 savegames not transferred from demo to full version

Hi,

I already played quite a bit with the Avadon 3 1.0.1 demo for Mac OS, and just purchased the Apple Store version.

How come the full game can't read the savegame files created by the demo? The files are neatly stored under User/Library/AppSupport/Spidweb/Avadon3, so changing the demo binary to the full game shouldn't impact my save games i figured...

Anything I can do to import my demo savegames?

KR,
Jef

Randomizer Randomizer

Tormented Battle Mage

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 4,341
  • 15,884 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 03:10 PM #2 Avadon 3 savegames not transferred from demo to full version

Saved games from Apple Store are saved:

If you did buy Avadon 3 from the Mac App Store, your games are stored in a special file container created by the operating system. To open it, press Command-Shift-G to Go To Folder, enter "~/Library/Containers/com.spiderwebsoftware.Avadon3/Data/Library/Application Support/Spiderweb Software", and press return. Your saved games are in the folder "Avadon 3 Saved Games." Open that folder and your saved games will be inside, in folders named 'Save0', 'Save1', etc.

Welcome to Spiderware Software.  Please leave your sanity at the door.  You won't need it as you search for saved games.  :)
"I don't know how we can ever repay you!" - Rescued damsel in distress
"Oh, I'm sure we can think of something .... How much gold do you have?" - "Hero"

"We're all screwed if Cthulhu shows up. Try to enjoy life in the meantime." - Adam Rawnsley

zeefmans zeefmans

New Arrival

• Member ID: 10,177
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:44 AM #3 Avadon 3 savegames not transferred from demo to full version

Hi Randomizer,

Thank you for the info! apologies if I could've found this with the search function as well...
I was able to copy over my save files from the demo location to the app store location and everything works fine!

Cheers!
Jef

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users