75% Fatigue removal

Moriarty

The nephil warblade has +4 strength +4 dexterity and 75% fatigue removal on a blessed shortsword frame. It is also worth the same amount as a blessed shortsword.

Can someone confirm that 75% fatigue removal is a penalty?

It seems like it might be balancing out the strength and dexterity bonuses.

If its a multiplier on fatigue removal then it makes sense as it is 0.75*fatigue removed. If its a bonus it would have a '+' suggesting +75% or 1.75*fatigue removal.

I suppose I prefer my penalties to start with a '-' and my bonuses to start with a '+'.

Yeah so fatigue removal... bad, right?

No, that is actually pretty good. 75% chance of fatigue removal means there is a 75% chance of removing one additional point of fatigue from using battle disciplines. Note that for multiple fatigue removing items the percentages do not stack, and each point is a separate calculation.

It really is irrelevant, because unless you cheat, you cannot keep this sword.

There are two assumptions you're making that aren't true. The first is that an item's cost is somehow tied to its effectiveness. There's no link. Some of the best items have prices far below what they're worth, and some worthless junk sells for quite a lot. THe second assumption is that the Nephil Warblade is balanced. Again, it's not; you're not supposed to be able to take it out of the test area (without cheating, anyway), so it's more powerful than anything else you'll see for a while.

—Alorael, who actually found fatigue removal to be one of the more useful abilities around. It's not reliable, but pile on enough of it and you'll find yourself spending entire battles throwing disciplines around.

From my understanding, for each fatigue reducing item, you get a roll to remove a point of fatigue. So if you have two fatigue removing items, you can, at most remove 2 extra points of fatigue per round.

I am not entirely sure how blademaster works, although I know it can remove multiple points, so perhaps there is a 5% chance of each point of blademaster of removing a point of fatigue.

When I first saw it, I assumed it was a bonus, and then I found a sword that was worth quite a bit and compared the two as any man with 4 fighters would.

When I read the 75% fatigue removal for the second time it seemed more ambiguous, it could be interpretted in any number of ways.

I used cost as a way to justify the balance of the bonuses, I assumed somewhere there is a list that assigns a price to each bonus on an item to determine the item's worth. It usually works too.

When I see 75% fatigue removal, I saw a multiplier, it didnt say +75% or 175% or "75% to fatigue removal", it just said 75% fatigue removal. I know fatigue removal is a good thing, I have 4 fighters which makes fatigue a very serious matter.

I think where I got it wrong is that I assumed that fatigue removal was a rate. I lose 1 fatigue per turn or so depending on my blademaster skill, a randomizer, luck (which I assumed would modify the randomizer anyways), and other skills that affect it but dont mention it in the description.

Anyways, with 1 fatigue removal per turn(1 f/t) I would see the sword as modifying this rate by 75%, since it doesn't have a + I assumed a multiplier on my f/t and that didnt seem very positive.

Now I know better, I have seen my character lose 3 in one turn and 1 the next, looks as though its a chance to lose an extra point each turn. Nice.

Thanks for the responses. I'll hold onto this sword for a long time yet.

Oh yes, I did take the sword, the bow, the leggings out of the Nephilim test area. I only saw it as another challenge the game offered, besides, you can't just give me a weapon and take it away.