Geneforge (Crescent Stone-Bearing Creatures)

I have looked in Drayke's Vale and Western waste for this Crescent Stone that is supposedly dropped by a shade. I cannot find this stone and need it for Shaper Crypt. I have searched both zones and killed all creatures and still no Crescent Shaped Stone. Does anyone have any info I may could use.

• 3 weeks later...

Tracyone, did you find the stone? We couldn't find it either ... until this morning. Out of desperation we went back into the Western Wastes via the Dry Wastes, and the first thing we ran into was this Speedie-looking Thahd. When we took him down, he dropped a rock. Picking it up, it was noted that it was just a rock, in a crescent shape, with markings on it. Voila! We had it. If you haven't found it, try going in again and just waiting by the entrance. Seems the Crescent Thahd gets lonely when all his cronies are gone, so he comes running ... if you are Lucky. smile

He did for us. It was a real surprise. smile We had just stepped in and he appeared as the first (and only) monster. =^..^=

Just appear, and then wait. "Hunting" might scare him off ... or not.

Hope you have some "Luck," that may have been part of it. Don't know for sure.

Have fun with it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I'm still a newbie (eg: have only been obsessed with the game for a couple weeks now) - so don't quote me on this... but it seems that if you're using the cheat "dbugkill" Thahd does not come back... at least not in the first 10+ exit/re-entries. Nothing does....

so I wandered around the entirity of both wastes and picked up every rock.... when i thought i had them all... I made the rounds again.... and wouldn't ya know it... the very last rock i found.. the cresent!! Thanks for the tips shared here!

• 2 weeks later...

Well here's a thing about it: beyond the door it opens there's not much story or plot development whatsoever, but some ability upgrades and unique equipment (some of the best items in the game in fact). But its also the most difficult area in the game to fight through which makes it kind of pointless to get the items, since if you can obtain them then you are already strong enough to do anything else in the game without them.