Problem with init_quest?

I've initialized a number of quests in the LOAD_SCEN_STATE of my scenerio text and set them in numerous town talk scripts. Everything seems to work fine when running the scripts in the game, but when I go to the game's info screen to check on a current quest, it's not listed.

It's there, but it's not there. When I click on the part of the window where the short description of the quest should be displayed, it registers it with a sound, but there's no text there.

Is anyone else having this problem, or could my file just be corrupt?

Well, if you posted your file, it would be a lot easier to diagnose.

I always put the init_quest() code in my START_SCEN_STATE, but it should not really matter. Try putting them there and restart the scenario and try initiating a quest that way.

When the dialog ends, I'm told a quest has been added to my list, but it must be invisible or I'm just braindead (probably the latter). Here are the relevant parts of the scripts:

//***Excerpt from scenarioscript***

beginstate LOAD_SCEN_STATE;

init_quest(1,"Meet Angel in Burberry","Seamus told you to see Angel about decoding the writings in the book you possess.");

break;

//***Excerpt from talkscript***

begintalknode 37;

state = 8;

nextstate = -1;

question = "How can we find out more?";

text1 = "I know a man named Angel in Burberry who may be able to decipher the writings in your book. Tell him I sent you and he will be sure to help you out.";

code =

toggle_quest(1,1);

break;

EDIT - tried to put init_quest in start state and got same result after restarting game.

I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but have you checked to make sure there's no set_state(), set_state_continue(), end() or anything like that between the start of the LOAD_SCEN_STATE and where you init the quest? That sort of thing can easily slip up on you if you forget you had a call like that and just append something before the break (which I often do wink ). At any rate, the symptoms seem to be pointing to some kind of "gotcha" rather than a problem with the call.

Only other thing I can think... I notice you have this as quest "1". Do you already have a quest "0"? I wouldn't think that would matter, but then, I do start with 0 and it works for me. smile

I've checked the script over and over - there's nothing between load_scen_state and the init_quest call (and yes, I've got a quest 0 as well smile ). I've kind of shelved it for awhile and moved on to other things. If I figure out what the deal is, I'll post something in the future.