The Fifth of November (a Political Compass thread)

Dintiradan

We are now less than two weeks away from November 5, 2024. Two weeks away from... you guessed it... Guy Fawkes Night!

For those of you who are unaware, Guy Fawkes Night, or Bonfire Night, commemorates the time a Catholic terrorist tried to assassinate Parliament as part of a plot to install a Catholic monarch. Which sounds bad when you put it that way, but this documentary portrays him in a heroic light, so he can't be all that terrible. The day then began to be an annual celebration of all things anti-Catholic. Delightful.

I tried to look for an online quiz that would identify where everyone would fall when it came to early seventeenth century sectarian violence, but all I could find was something called "The Political Compass". Weird. Apparently we've done it before?

Have fun taking the quiz. It's traditional to post your results, and even more traditional to complain about the quiz itself.

Enjoy Guy Fawkes Night, everyone. And for the few of you who don't celebrate it: I hope you find some other activity to occupy your time that night.

Spoiler

chart?ec=-7.13&soc=-6.62

2007: (2.00, 2.92)

2010: (0.62, -1.13)

2011: (-1.88, -2.56)

2012: (-0.50, -0.97)

2015: (-4.50, -5.03)

2019: (-6.00, -6.51)

2020: (-6.75, -7.38)

2024: (-7.13, -6.62)