Unhandled Exception

Dintiradan

Twice last night, I got this when trying to start BoA after a long time staring at a white screen (Win 98):

Unhandled exception: c00000fd

At address: bff742a3

The computer froze soon after clicking on the dialog box and returning to the desktop. I got the white screen again, and by CTRL-D and closing the application, was able to save myself from rebooting.

Not a big problem, but it'd be nice to know what caused it.

--------------------

IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:

I will carry a flash drive with me at all times containing the Evil Overlord list, so that when I post from a different computer I will not be faced with trying to find out what my last quote was and being forced to make something up.

If it's a one time thing, I'd guess some improperly stored memory, an ambiguous voltage, or some other computer voodoo. In other words, I doubt there is a simple cause should it be one time. If it's recurring, well, then probably some corrupted files.

The problem's probably on my end. I've been putting off doing a full reboot until I get a new computer (read: never).

--------------------

IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:

My dungeon cell decor will not feature exposed pipes. While they add to the gloomy atmosphere, they are good conductors of vibrations and a lot of prisoners know Morse code.