After all these years, I have finally found a way to make the game challenging.

All the usual good stuff:

-Torment from the start.

-Two characters.

-Only one advantage with sluggish and completely inept as the disadvantages.

-Rush priest spells 18 for both.

-Join Anama.

Result:

Dear Lord.

Might as well start from the beginning. I have beaten most SW games on the hardest difficulty. Many of them with a single character. But this time I have found a worthy opponent, in a 20+ year-old computer game.

First battles were very RNG heavy, due to the Shade AI being whatever. Otherwise you were just ran over by the enemies due to smite being a single target spell.

Then you had to get 900 gold out of nowhere, as exploring was hazardous. Just to unlock level 2 Smites.

Killed some goblins for levels and proceeded normally and began to deal with the slimes. Dungeon crawling without Light is awkward to put it mildly. When fighting the pits, I had to get lucky with the sleep my melee priest was put, just to kill the ponds. Because obviously they are immune to smite.

After beating the Alien slime, I went on a country journey around the Isle and joined Anama. Then I began to clear the Cockroaches, only to get stuck due to not having enough TU.. Because obviously no Unlock Doors.

Why am I ranting or rambling about it? Because I am happy. For once the game feels like a fresh challenge and forces you to think differently. I wholeheartedly recommend pure Anama runs for everyone!