Bundle?

dpeace

Hi.

I've recently started playing the Avadons on my iPad, and am very impressed.

I'd like to buy all the games that can run on a Mac. A cursory browse of the forum would indicate that more money goes to the developer if I buy from here rather than from Steam or GOG.

Is there any way of buying the lot at once, perhaps for a salutory discount? I'd like the guides too, as I am pretty crap.

If not, perhaps waiting for another Steam or Humble deal might be the way to go.

Thanks for any advice,

Darren

UK

You can get the games at a significant discount by using this order form to buy the game series sets. If that is still too much for you, you will have to wait for Spiderweb's annual sale in the fall, or a third-party sale.

You certainly don't have to buy all the games, though. Try out the demos first. Spiderweb's earlier games use a different engine or are less polished than the Avadons, or you might not be as interested in a particular series as you are in others. In particular, note that the first three Avernums are comparatively old and currently being remade. The remake for Avernum 1, Avernum: Escape from the Pit, is already released. It's the same story but on a different engine, so there's not a whole lot of point to buying both games.

Dikiyoba is always glad to see another Spiderweb fan. Welcome to the forums! (Please leave your sanity at the door.)

All of Spiderweb's games run on Mac. In fact, they all came out on Mac several months before Windows until the very latest game, which started a new (probable) trend of release for both platforms on the same day.

Be warned, though, that buying games through Spiderweb never gives you iPad access. For that you have to buy through the App Store.

—Alorael, who knows Spiderweb had a Humble Bundle sale of all of its games to date a while back. You can, of course, choose to send all your money to the developer through those sales. There hasn't been a repeat, so if you want games in any timely fashion that's not helpful, but it seems at least possible that there might be a future Spiderweb bundle.

Thanks for the further info.

I already have all four iPad titles, so I'm not concerned by that. I'm not sure that there's iCloud saved game syncing between the iPad and OS X iterations of the games, so I may play through the iPad versions and keep an eye out for a bundle; by then, I'll have forgotten everything I did in the iPad games, so can play them afresh on the Mac. My dementia has its upside!

To be honest, as someone who has been interested in RPGs since the early eighties, I'm surprised I've not encountered these games before. I'm very pleased to have finally caught up.

Best,

Darren