Small QoL improvement(s) for future games

Rent-an-Ihrno

Fellow GIFTS,

let's talk about some of the quality of life improvements we came up with at some point during our gaming of the glorious Spidweb multiverse.

Personally, I went back to play some Avernum a few days ago, and thought "Huh. It would be really nice if we could have a more organized quest log."

Remember how it was pre-Avernum 2? No quest log? It was hell. Then we got one, yay, but all the quests are mushed together in one uniform list, and you can't cancel them either. So if I'm looking for a certain entry, I have to click through half the repeatable quests, stuff I won't do for ages, and little things that are way past me that I never completed. My suggestion -

1. Have visually separated categories for major plot quests, minor side quests, and endless quests.

2. Add numerical counters to quests that require you to kill a certain number of pests, or collect a certain number of an item.

3. Do something about idle quests. The ability to abandon them would mean having to code it in a way that let's you restart the chain, which could mess with everything else, so probably not that. Mark them as inactive and put them in the inactive category, maybe? A hide/highlight system?

This would make my life in Spidweb games a lot easier, as I'm an insufferable OCD guy.

There's some other stuff, but I'll add that in the comments.

What are some QoL improvements that you sometimes wish you would get?