CD Collections

bloodsquirrel

I was thinking about ordering one of these, but the site is pretty sparse on information about them, so I came to ask exactly how their activation system works.

Do the CD collections require any activation at all?

Does the unlocking key come with CDs?

What is this registration code that they mention? Will it be emailed to me once I make the order?

To clarify Tyran's statement, you can download the demos, then buy the CD and get immediate registration codes emailed to you to unlock the demos before the CD arrives. Once you have the CD, you can happily install without worrying about codes.

—Alorael, who bought the original trilogy CD after getting fed up with having to keep pestering Spiderweb for new passwords. It's pretty cheap if you already own all the games!

Originally Posted By: bloodsquirrel
Do the CD collections require any activation at all?
As was said before, no; they're already activated.

Quote:
Does the unlocking key come with CDs?
Also said before, you won't need any, unless you want to unlock the game(s) before the CD arrives.

Quote:
What is this registration code that they mention? Will it be emailed to me once I make the order?
Provided you give them a valid email address, you should receive your registration code within a day or so of when they receive your order. For all games except Avadon and Avernum: Escape from the Pit, you'll also need to provide the code listed on the game's main menu screen, usually in the lower right corner.

Originally Posted By: Status Post
—Alorael, who bought the original trilogy CD after getting fed up with having to keep pestering Spiderweb for new passwords. It's pretty cheap if you already own all the games!
I always buy the CDs. In addition to never having to worry about activation, they also make a handy backup should I need to reinstall them.