changing stat dependencies for abilities

Ichthyic

hmm. Is it even possible to change the stats that damage calculations for each ability rely on?

example; building a blade warrior early needs some strength to hit with single target attacks. Later, NON ranged melee AOE attacks use all dex??

I mean, you build it up to do a powerful blade sweep, only to find strength doesn't affect the damage of a blade sweep, dex does.

I'm trying to figure out what values need to be changed in avobjsmisc.txt to change the stats for melee attacks to solely rely on strength for the damage calculation, instead of dex, but can't seem to figure out which values apply.

It looks like it might even be hardcoded? Anyone know?

thanks muchly

well, in that section, you can change the damage done by level, and the probability of specials proccing, but I don't see which values affect the stats used to determine damage.

here 'tis, from avobjsmisc.txt:

Quote:
begindefineability 118;

ab_name = "Blade Sweep";

ab_ability_sound = 78;

ab_range = 2;

ab_base_cooldown = 10;

ab_fatigue_cost = 2;

ab_uses_weapon = 1;

ab_skill_ability_linked_to = 19;

ab_node_type 0 = 70;

ab_node_effect_type 0 = 77;

ab_node_hold_abil 0 = 1;

ab_node_type 1 = 60;

ab_node_base_amount 1 = 20;

ab_node_amount_per_level 1 = 5;

ab_node_type 2 = 61;

ab_node_effect_type 2 = 6;

ab_node_base_amount 2 = 3;

ab_node_min_training 2 = 3;

which values control stat dependencies there? I figure there must be a larger version of this file tucked away in avscen.dat maybe? Do I need to extract all the files from there, or is there another ability section controlling this?

cheers

Whoops. I completely forgot what I was talking about.

It is hardcoded, and it can't be modified -- it's is hardcoded 100% based on the type of attack.

Melee attacks are always Str.

Ranged attacks that do physical damage (even if they theoretically involve your sword or your wand) are always Dex.

Ranged attacks that do magical damage are always Dex for shadowwalkers and blademasters, and always Int for shamans and sorceresses.

I believe this is how it works.