needing to take my game to the next level[G5]

I'm a shock trooper. I'm level 40. I'm playing on normal. I'm mostly rebel-aligned, and planning to go with Astoria or the Trakovites in the end.

I've cleared out most everything that I can do before joining a faction except the following: Gorash-Kel, Shadow Road & Nodye Pass, Lethia Pass, Bonepeak Ruins, Okavano Sea Caves, Control Core B, Gazaki-Uss, Kayar's Spire, and a few others (mostly I avoid challenge areas, and a few areas that are primarily based on stealth. I got leadership, mechanics, and combat more or less down; after beating Bennhold though, and mostly without cheating I feel like I ought to be able to try some of these areas).

Right now I'm running level 40 or higher fire and battle creations, and using a disposable creation strategy - I'm basically running a War Trall, a Rotgroth, and two Kyshakks.

The problem: my creations are mostly as strong as I like (although I'd be even happier if I could find the 5th level fire creation and unlock the better versions of 4th + 5th level creations), but I need to take MYSELF to the next level because i am the most fragile thing in my army. What would you do in terms of armor to prepare for the end game? I don't have any mandrake tincture to get a suit of perfected armor going on, so I need to understand what the other options are. How many suits of armor/weapons do you keep in your inventory to be able to swap specs?

Also, which consumables would you keep? I've got an inventory almost full of those things and that's a pain in the ass and I need to get rid of some stuff. I mostly only use missiles; I occasionally use wands of slow/ethereal bindings, but so far I haven't been much on the other consumables (I cheat between battles rather than carrying a full inventory of essence + healing pods. Sorry.), but I wonder if that strategy should change as I get to the higher level enemies/bosses.

I am not above cheating with the Shift-D window, by the way.

Tune me up!

Without knowing more about your build all I can say is hit up the areas you are missing one at a time. None of them should be really challenging on normal difficulty, aside possibly Lethia Pass.

In terms of what items to carry around, if you are focusing on missiles, keep around your thorns and a baton or two. Make sure you have either spores or spells to cast bless, shield, haste, and regeneration aura. Keep major healing spores and or restoration spores on you. You can dump everything else, or keep in your inventory as you see fit.

• 2 weeks later...

i carry around about three chest pieces, each with a different approach. One for intensive tanking, an infiltrator's tunic, and a shaper's robe. Also, try to keep gemstones and eyebeast eyes, you need them for golden cystals to make your armor/weapon epic. As for the Drakon(yes that is what you can make) all i know is that on your last quest for ghaldring, after you kill the third shaper, he gives you access to a canister with this creation and another canister in the laboratory(there's a lever with mechanics skill 16), but i don't know about any second form.

There is a canister of create drakon in Kayar's Spire Cells. You actually can't ever shape ur-drakons if you side with Ghaldring. Then again, you can only shape them if you pick the lock in Ghaldring's lab, and then grab the canister in the final dungeon. Really, Jeff might as well have not included ur-drakons and eyebeasts in this game.