10-cap?[G5]

IIRC, the 10-cap mostly does not exist as of G5. It definitely doesn't apply to Creation skills (that was new as of G4 or G5, forget which) or to any offensive bonuses from skills (Strength, Dexterity, weapon skills, magic skills). I believe it still applies to Parry and Quick Action. It MAY apply to evasion bonuses from Dexterity, Luck, and the like -- I'm not sure.

Originally Posted By: Beer and Motor Oil
I couldn't find any information on this despite using the search function and going back like 20 pages.
Is there still at 10 cap in GF5? And if so, what skills have it?

Thanks in advance.

It's not so much a cap as it is you get greatly diminished returns after 10 points. Some skills are still worth investing in after 10, spellcraft and Battle Magic for Agents comes to mind, as does Intelligence. I've never put too much stock in the 10-cap and Ive gotten along fine in the games.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
It's not so much a cap as it is you get greatly diminished returns after 10 points. Some skills are still worth investing in after 10, spellcraft and Battle Magic for Agents comes to mind, as does Intelligence. I've never put too much stock in the 10-cap and Ive gotten along fine in the games.

I understand exactly how it works, I just wasn't sure if/what skills it still applied to.
I'm trying to build a melee oriented servile for normal difficulty, but the swarms of poisonous worms are REALLY driving me crazy without having more adequate croud control than relying on when I happen to have crystals, and my low level daze skill. I mean, I have 4 or 5 points in daze itself, 4 in spellcraft, and 7 in mental magic and I still only have about a 50% chance of success. frown

To be fair, you get diminished returns the entire time; the diminishing just increases drastically at 10, 20, etc when 10-capped.

A regular skill of cost 3, you get an increase after investing:

3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7, 8, 8, 9, 9, 10, 10, 11, 11, 12, 12...

A 10-capped skill of cost 3, you get increases after investing:

3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 40, 44, 49, 72, 80...

Originally Posted By: CRISIS on INFINITE SLARTIES
To be fair, you get diminished returns the entire time; the diminishing just increases drastically at 10, 20, etc when 10-capped.

A regular skill of cost 3, you get an increase after investing:
3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7, 8, 8, 9, 9, 10, 10, 11, 11, 12, 12...

A 10-capped skill of cost 3, you get increases after investing:
3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 40, 44, 49, 72, 80...

My point was more that on a non 10-capped skill, you got return every time you raised it, whereas after you hit the cap, you only got a return every other time you raised it, although you are still correct about diminishing returns due to skill points.

But hey, that's what items are for- giving you bonuses after the 10-cap