A6 - Spell trainers list?

Ikariusrb

Okay, I've looked through the "strategy central" threads, and while there are all kinds of lists, including spellbooks, skill trainers, etc- I cannot seem to find a list of "spell trainers"- i.e. folks who will train you in the various spells.

I'm specifically wondering where the first trainer who would teach "Dispell Barrier" can be found.

Also, while I'm at it, I finished the first of the Gladwell quests, and he told me he opened his quarters, but I cannot seem to find anyplace I can now get to in Patrick's Tower that was not open to me before- There are either 3 or 4 gates along the top wall of Gladwell's laboratory, and all the gates are still closed, and I haven't located any other spot which seems to be his "quarters". Am I missing where his quarters should be? I have a hard time believing this is a bug tongue

Cheers

Ikarius

No, I don't think there is such a list. The power gamers are pretty much unified in the opinion that you should never, ever, ever purchase spells. And, since the power gamers are also the ones who compile those sort of lists...

Dispel Barrier is trainable at the Tower Colony, after completing a very difficult (for its level) quest.

Gladwell's quarters are in the south wall of the Patrick's Tower.

Actually, that's not looking too likely; I took a quick look at a walkthrough, and it lists a number of rewards from Gladwell's first quest, and I know I didn't find a room with that loot yet.

I guess the question is- is "gladwell's quarters" directly connected to his laboratory, and is it a portcullis which blocks the way? If so, it looks like I encountered a bug.

Otherwise, I have to keep looking for his quarters- I figured his quarters would be close to or connected to his lab.

Cheers

Ikarius

Originally Posted By: Ikariusrb
Otherwise, I have to keep looking for his quarters- I figured his quarters would be close to or connected to his lab.

Cheers
Ikarius

No, they are the easternmost of the row of three rooms along the southern edge of Patrick's tower, just south of Sorengard's workshop. If you had tried it before doing the quest, the lock would have been "too complicated to be picked". It unlocks afterward.

Originally Posted By: CRISIS on INFINITE SLARTIES
Not never ever, just almost never. REALLY cheap spell levels are OK for spells you will use tons, but that pretty much limits it to Bolt of Fire, Minor Heal, and the like.
I bought all levels of lightning spray when it was available, and my mage uses it in most fights. Its her new firebolt. And with the spell books that I have found, I've raised the skill level of it to 8.