A6 - Enchanter's Robe at the start

BrownieMix

So the Enchanter's Robe - a very nice piece of armor for spellcasters - is tucked away in a room in Fissure Post. The box it is stored in has a Tool Use requirement of 12. I discovered a way to get this at the very beginning of the game regardless of what your Tool Use actually is. This trick can be used in other places as well, though it requires certain room placement in order to work.

When you open a box/chest/cabinet that needs a higher TU then what you have, you get warned once. The second time you try to open it, a trap is sprung and everyone dies...or do they? The trap is line-of-sight only, and you can't open these boxes in combat mode. But what you can do is walk your party so that your last member is not in line-of-sight of the box. When you spring the trap, everyone dies except your 4th party member, who can then walk right up to the box and take the contents. In this case, my last party member was outside the room when I opened the chest, so she did not die.

I discovered this by accident on my first play through, but have used this trick at the Fissure Post and at Valerie's clothing shop to get goodies I would normally have to wait for. It is not easy to do, and requires a bit of party movement to get everyone in the right spot and a particular room setup, but my level 4 Mage really likes the Enchanter's Robe that she'll likely wear for the remainder of the game.