Essence Shortage[G5]

Krogstad

Hey mugs! I am having a bit of trouble progressing in the game and I thought it was simply my lack of skill (which is certainly neglible) until I read some posts that seemed to suggest that at my level (35) I should have ample essence with which to shape little friends. Not so. Having reached level 35, I have only 185 essence with which to cast spells and build friends and this usually only gets me a duo with low stats, flimsy lungs, and no points left over for spells.

Does anyone have any idea why my essence count has not risen as my levels have?

Usually when people say "should" they're factoring in how many points you should have invested in a certain skill. For instance, essence increases with both level and (more importantly) intelligence. If you haven't been pumping intelligence, your essence will be low. Also, different classes get different multipliers for how much essence they receive. All of that data can be found here: http://www.ironycentral.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=117305#Post117305