Quest Order

bigshoe

From reading other posts I realize that I have managed to do some of the big quests out of order. I got north of Fort Emerald (through the pylons of Fort Emerald) and got the crystal box and took it to Houghton... now he is dead and I never got the quest to rescue anyone from Almaria. (other than the mages)

Is my game a complete mess now?

Can some one give me the proper order (just hints... not complete spoilers please) so that I don't mess it up again?

Thanks

Well, it's too late to undo it, but you can still finish the game. It may just be a little tougher in a few spots.

For the next time you go through, go talk to Houghton first. Then you'll get the Almaria rescue quest, and after that you'll be sent after the crystal box.

I could've sworn that Jeff had fixed those barriers...

Thanks

I didn't go through the barriers I got through the pylons and sneaking out the back ... it was a tough fight so I thought that I was supposed to be there. I got stuck in Scree caves and had to do a backtostart cheat to get out.

But then I got the demonslayer quest and fought my way back in again so I figured that this was ahead of my time.

Is the Almira quest worth starting again heading back for it?

You probably don't have to go back for it. In fact, it sounds like you're far enough along that it shouldn't matter much.

Strange... wouldn't have thought that anyone would go the long route to get to the Scree Caves. I mean, they're the Scree Caves... (and they even got noticeably smaller in A4)