Why would you buy that?!

There are various objects in Nethergate you can buy, such as: Mortar, Sac of Grains, Papyrus Paper. These things are fun to read of how they were used--and the Nethergate staff did their homework--and the little references to stuff like Daffy Duck. But these items are otherwise useless, arn't they? I mean, why would you buy an amphorae? It doesn't even look good when you put it in your room! I tried to decorate my given room at the fort and things started disappearing when there was too much of it!

Also, for what reason would you buy a cursed item?

Jeff did everything himself. Then his wife got involved. Then Linda, Spiderweb's third and final employee, got involved. Jeff does the programming and the playing God and the other two do some designing and some playing demigod.

—Alorael, who wouldn't ignore all those "useless" items. There will be a time when you'll want some papyrus and a pen, and there will definitely be a time when you need an amphora of wine. If you are like certain individuals who slip into the third person regularly, you will spend an inordinate amount of time looking for that wine.

The only things in SW's games that are not made by Jeff, Mariann and/or Linda are the graphical art, which is mostly done by a single freelance artist (with another who has made occasional but notable contributions), and the sound, which is licensed from online sound resources.