Searching an animal nest midcombat with a salamander is bad

Shovelmint

So I was playing this game on a PC, Steam version if that matters, and had summoned up a salamander. Vanquished my foes and went to search the animal nest for loot. Only I forgot to exit combat and the salamander was the active character when I searched it. As soon as the inventory screen for the salamander came up the computer started chugging along, and it was difficult to move the mouse because of all the stuttering. As soon as the inventory was closed, everything was okay again, but I had put some loot into the salamander's inventory. Realizing that was not what I wanted, I went to return the loot to the nest for retrieval by one of my heroes. I had to re-enter combat and examine the nest with the salamander to open the salamander's inventory again, and immediately the computer started having trouble. Again as soon as I closed my inventory, things were good again, and I'm back on my journey. Still, thought someone might want to know about this behavior.