Avadon not recognizing mouse clicks unless held

JBni

Just downloaded the demo of Avadon, and it's very frustrating to try to play. It won't recognize mouse input if I just click the button; I have to click and hold it for about a second.

Click.. nothing.

Click.. nothing.

CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK... nothing.

Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick... that works.

Happens with all mouse input - menu selections, moving my character, combat, etc.

MacOS 10.6.6, Kensington ExpertMouse, Kensington TrackballWorks and SteerMouse 4.1.1 installed.

• 1 month later...

I'm having this problem, too, or at least a very similar one. It only seems to recognise my click about a third or fifth of the time.

WinXP, simple USB trackball mouse, probably from Logitech but the logo's long since been rubbed off. Not sure what my drivers are, but the mouse works just fine with everything else, including all the Avernum games.

Okay, I did some fiddling around, and I've got a bit more details figured out. I haven't been rigourous in it, but this is what I've observed so far:

1. The problem seems to arise for me only when I attempt to play in windowed mode, and then also the session after that if I exit and start it up again in full screen, but opening it up a third time a while later seems to resolve it.

2. What mouse I use does not appear to matter. I got the same results with two different mice from two different companies with radically different models and wear levels.

I haven't established what happens if I try it in windowed mode three times consecutively, or what happens if I try opening it a third time only briefly after closing it the second time. I've also only tried starting it up on the highest available resolution.

I hope this helps.

• 3 months later...