Some interesting things about the endings

I just finished the game with the loyalist ending, then decided to see other ending pieces by going around killing various people and using canisters before getting on the boat again several times and noticed a few interesting things that were quite odd: (spoilers warning!!!!!)

1. Though a few bits are different beforehand, ultimately things turn out just about as well for you as a loyalist whether or not you used canisters provided you did everything else right.

2. Killing agatha after having freed her does not affect the ending in any way and it still mentions her being executed later.

3. If you kill Khyrk, the shapers interviewing you bring it up, but then when it is describing island by island later on it still talks about him running the island in obscurity.

4. Killing Daiwaniya only causes the absence of a certain piece of text, but no new comments.

I finished it loyalist and it was fine. Then I reloaded (to see what'd happen) and killed Rahul, his wife and the main Donhald settlements. Then I left for Terrestria, funny thing that they (the shapers) felt happy to hear how I destroyed the geneforge and even made me repeat the story, but then they capture me and well, the rogues attack and I am killed by a guard or shaper.

Wonder if the penalty is the same for just helping the rebels on harmony or killing khyrk, and weather for some offenses you are forgiven if you didn't use the canisters but not otherwise. Makes it kind of tempting to play through the entire game as a rebel, but then when you get to the geneforge destroy it (someone said the boat in dhonal west gate is triggered by destroying the geneforge, not talking to rahul so it should work), or play as a loyalist until gull then switch.