A4 - Best weapon in the demo?

I just started the Avernum 4 demo a few days ago, and I'm about 75% finished, cursing myself as I didn't register my copy earlier in the week since now I may finish the demo before Monday frown

So here's my question: What is the best weapon to be found in the demo? Right now my Slith spearman has an iron spear, my melee fighter an iron broadsword, and my Nephil archer a Yew bow. I just finished the Fort Draco quests and now I'm headed on to Formello.

Will I find anything better before I hit the end of the demo? Have I missed anything cool along the way? My mage has the magic dagger from the Goblin shrine, which is nice for him, but not really what I consider a "best" weapon (read "best" as does most damage!).

Not at all. I think that honor goes to the Jade Halberd, but there are a number of weapons that can pound Demonslayer into the ground. Demonslayer wins for defensive bonuses, though.

—Alorael, who's even tempted to say the most powerful weapon is a bow. They're rarely parried and there are some very nasty ranged weapons available.

The weapons after the demo that do better than Demonslayer, like Radiant Soulblade and Seeking Rapier, do so because their bonuses add to damage. Chance of a lethal blow, anatomy, special damage like poison, etc. all add on to the base damage. Demonslayer is great for protection and for hacking away at the few demons in this game. There aren't the large demonic encounters of the earlier games where it truly shone.